With the Sumo Logic App for Mac OS X, you can centralize and scale your log analysis across the organization for troubleshooting, security, and maintenance.
Why the Sumo Logic App for Mac OS X?
Manageable Log Analysis.
Easily monitor OS X logs without losing hours to manual processes or system upkeep.
Quickly understand the root cause of performance issues, correlate events to network activities, and find patterns in log files.
Get up and running with the latest features in as little as five minutes. No need for costly upgrades or ongoing maintenance.
OS X Log Analysis for Business
Mac OS X logs contain valuable information related to user, package, and network activity across the operating system environment. These logs hold the answers to security incidents, system issues and general system performance as well as many others.
Even small businesses need to monitor their Mac OS X logs for tens (if not hundreds) of client machines. And in attempting to do that, many organizations run into a few common challenges:
- Centralization: Without a centralized logging system, analyzing OS X logs on even a small network can be extremely cumbersome, requiring lots of individual backups, archiving, and log collection. This means a great deal of time and effort.
- Scalability: Manually analyzing logs on a network may be manageable on a handful of resources, but most admins will quickly find they simply can’t keep up with all the data they need for monitoring, troubleshooting, and security efforts.
- Cost: By pouring hours into an inefficient logging process, an organization’s costs for system administration can get out of control.
How Companies Attempt to Overcome Log Analysis Challenges
When system admins fall behind in OS X log analysis, companies take different approaches to the problem. Some eventually stop monitoring their OS X logs altogether, which naturally leads to poor security and unresolved technical issues.
Others turn to open-source tools to centralize their logging, assuming this will offer a more afford
able option than professional software tools. Unfortunately for those groups, open-source doesn’t always mean free or even low-cost.
With Sumo Logic’s OS X log analysis app, you can:
- Analyze login patterns and user activity.
- Correlate events and user actions with network and service activity.
- Monitor installed packages and versions.
The app cuts through the noise of thousands of log files, offering a host of features that make it easy to draw conclusions from the data.
Solve Log Analysis with Sumo Logic
To overcome challenges and routinely analyze OS X logs on a business network, companies need a centralized log analysis solution that provides elastic scalability, and rich analysis features.
The Sumo Logic App for OS X provides:
- Customizable dashboards that help you make sense of the data stream and zero in on important events. You can easily create data visualizations that support specific use cases and compare status to key performance indicators.
- Alerts and notifications that you can easily customize to let you and your team know when important outliers are identified.
- Search and analysis capabilities that help you find and correlate events and identify patterns in the data.
- Real-time detection and machine learning features that help you find and resolve anomalies or predict issues that may arise.
See Sumo Logic in Action
The Sumo Logic app is designed for ease of use, so you can begin applying it to your IT infrastructure administration today. Get to know the app and its interface with this brief demo of its log management and analysis features.
Other Sumo Apps
Sumo Logic Apps help you quickly gain visibility into your applications and infrastructure by providing preconfigured searches and dashboards for your most popular data sources.See the full list