New Sumo Logic GCP Apps Combined with an Integration with Google’s TensorFlow Open Source Machine Learning Library, Help Customers Transform GCP Machine Data into Critical Business, Operational and Security Insights for Continuous Intelligence Across Major Cloud Platforms
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – July 23, 2018 – Sumo Logic, the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics platform that delivers continuous intelligence, today announced the release of 11 new Google Cloud Platform (GCP) applications as well as an integration with Google Cloud’s open source machine learning library, TensorFlow, at Google Cloud Next 2018 to provide customers with flexible and scalable enterprise-grade cloud choices that deliver real-time business, operational and security insights into modern applications and infrastructure.
Sumo Logic is one of the first in the industry to release a comprehensive set of applications for GCP that enable real-time collection and analytics of machine data emitted by all major GCP services. Sumo Logic will also leverage TensorFlow machine learning libraries to augment existing machine learning analytics to enable customers to perform powerful analytics and apply advanced machine learning to data generated by their modern applications to improve operational, security and business outcomes.
According to findings in the 451 Research “Voice of the Enterprise: Cloud Transformation” report, 69 percent of enterprises will have multi-cloud or hybrid environments by 2019, and 60 percent of workloads will be expected to run in some form of hosted cloud environment, meaning vendor flexibility and support across multiple cloud platforms will become a key selling point moving forward.
“As today’s modern businesses continue to look for ways to differentiate themselves and deliver a seamless experience to their customers, the demand for secure, customizable solutions that support multiple cloud platforms is growing,” said Bruno Kurtic, founding VP of product and strategy, Sumo Logic. “The Sumo Logic platform is purpose-built to provide flexible and scalable enterprise-class support for all major cloud platforms — including AWS, Azure and GCP — to detect, troubleshoot and help rapidly investigate operational and security incidents to give users real-time actionable intelligence. This latest release further reinforces our longstanding commitment to deliver continuous intelligence for our customers’ businesses, regardless of where their modern applications and infrastructure data reside.”
The new GCP apps are now available via the Sumo Logic App Catalog, and include support for:
- Google App Engine Understand platform activity, incoming requests, applications, HTTP status codes, and latency and response times in your App Engine to get ahead of serious issues before they affect users.
- Google BigQuery: Proactively manage and troubleshoot your Google BigQuery data warehouse for deep operation insights, query optimization and enhanced user activity.
- Google Cloud Audit: Empower your audit and compliance needs by monitoring and tracking user, administrative and authentication activity for a real-time analysis of all audit streams across GCP.
- Google Cloud Functions: Leverage pre-configured dashboards and searches for deeper visibility into the overall usage, executions, operations, latency, errors, outliers and failures of your Google Cloud Functions environment.
- Google Cloud Identity & Access Management (IAM): Monitor Google Cloud IAM project activities, operations, role activities, role and policy changes, and IAM messages to analyze changes, share critical data and secure your environment.
- Google Cloud Load Balancing: Use pre-configured dashboards to monitor load balancing activity and get full insight into request locations and volume, response codes, and request and response data by load balancer.
- Google Cloud SQL: Easy-to-deploy pre-configured Sumo Logic dashboards provide insight into created and deleted resources, messages, authorization failures, user activities and error logs for all Google Cloud SQL activity.
- Google Cloud Storage: Continuously monitor and troubleshoot activity in Google Cloud Storage for insights into request locations, bucket and object operations, user activities, errors, and bucket statistics.
- Google Compute Engine: Monitor your infrastructure to visualize the activities, users, and message severity of your Google Compute Engine, the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) component of Google Cloud Platform.
- Google Kubernetes Engine: Gain node-level and pod-level monitoring information for deeper operational insights, container optimization, and security and compliance of your Kubernetes environment to better manage potential risks and threats.
- Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC): Leverage interactive, customizable dashboards with outlier detection to trace unusual traffic patterns and suspicious activity for VPC flows and gain real-time insights and analytics into network activity for GCP-generated log data.
“The Sumo Logic platform integrates directly with GCP services to collect audit and operational data in real-time and provides operational and security monitoring tools used by a variety of enterprise customers,” said Vineet Bhan, head of security partnerships, Google Cloud. “We look forward to continued collaboration with Sumo Logic.”
With expanded GCP support, Sumo Logic enables GCP customers to improve monitoring, detection and alerting on operational issues, accelerate troubleshooting and root cause analysis, help with compliance regulations such as PCI, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR, and deliver real-time, threat-aware security analytics that facilitate powerful security incident investigations for their applications and GCP infrastructure — all with the goal of improving operational and security visibility to deliver the ultimate customer experience.
“With more than 125 million people a month visiting our consumer products, we needed deep visibility to our infrastructure running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP),” said Erik Bursch, VP product technology, USA TODAY NETWORK. “Sumo Logic provides us key insights into our platform, allowing us to find the root cause of issues faster than ever before."
The addition of Google Cloud’s open source TensorFlow libraries to Sumo Logic’s powerful machine learning engine enables customers to deploy more custom machine learning algorithms directly to their data. This allows customers to gain deeper insights from their machine data, a critical data set for companies focused on improving how they serve their customers, understanding user behavior and leveraging all data sets to differentiate from competition.
The GCP apps and TensorFlow integration are available now to Sumo Logic customers. To learn more about how the Sumo Logic platform supports multiple enterprise-grade cloud vendors to offer the most flexible solutions to customers, stop by our booth (W1625) at Google Cloud Next this week in San Francisco from July 24-26.
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 1,600 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, Calif. and is backed by Accel Partners, DFJ, Greylock Partners, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Offleash for Sumo Logic