New Advanced Machine Learning Capabilities Deliver Continuous Intelligence and Dramatically Improve IT Operations and Security Intelligence of Modern Applications across AWS Services
LAS VEGAS – AWS re:Invent – Nov. 29, 2016 – Sumo Logic, the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics service, today announced it will showcase next generation operational and security analytics solutions at AWS re:Invent 2016 in Las Vegas Nov. 29 to Dec. 2, 2016. Powered by advanced machine learning technology, these solutions dramatically improve IT operations and security intelligence of modern applications leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Advanced Machine Learning for Improved IT Operations
According to a recent Sumo Logic report on the ‘State of Modern Applications in AWS,’ most customer-facing digital services are built on custom modern applications – relying on a complex application stack with new tiers and technologies, and typically running on cloud platforms like AWS to deliver fast time-to-value and unlimited scalability. But traditional siloed tools for monitoring are ineffective for today’s modern applications, requiring full-stack visibility for meaningful troubleshooting.
Only by combining logs, metrics and events in a unified platform can organizations analyze data, perform root-cause analysis, and monitor modern apps and infrastructure in real-time. Sumo Logic’s Unified Logs and Metrics (ULM) platform is the industry’s first to natively ingest, index and analyze logs, metrics and event data together in real-time. Through machine learning-based analysis of patterns, Sumo Logic provides users with actionable and immediate insights into problems with their system as well as a path to solve it. New advanced capabilities released include:
- Industry’s first correlation and visual overlay of logs and metrics: Sumo Logic’s innovative dashboards enable customers to easily do ad-hoc analysis, and visually integrate and correlate logs and time-series metrics quickly, identifying issues and reducing troubleshooting times.
- Comprehensive outlier detection for logs and metrics: The Sumo Logic solution now extends Outlier Detection to time-series metrics based machine data. Outlier Detection is powered by a unique algorithm that can analyze thousands of data streams (logs or metrics) with a single query, determine baselines and identify outliers in real-time. Outlier Detection also provides purpose-built visualization, highlighting abnormal behaviors and giving operations visibility into the behavior of critical KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Predictive Capability: The Sumo Logic Predict Capability uses numerical analysis to predict future values. With advanced auto-regressive enhancements powering its predict algorithm, Sumo Logic customers can automatically detect the cyclical patterns in the data and leverage the cycles of their data to predict system behavior.
Advanced Security Analytics with a User-Centric Lens
The rise of the modern application stack has given way to potential new risks challenging organizations to take a different approach to ensure a proactive security posture. Sumo Logic’s next generation security analytics solution increases the velocity and accuracy of threat detection by adding additional context to log data, improving security and operational insights through accelerated time to identify and resolve threats. The new solution will include:
- Vulnerability & Risk Management Dashboards: New integrations with Amazon Inspector and Evident.io provide customers an easy way to visualize, trend and identify anomalies of vulnerabilities and security and compliance risks of applications running in AWS.
- Security Intelligence Across AWS Services: Connects the dots between AWS CloudTrail, AWS Config, AWS VPC Flow Logs and AWS Inspector, with a user-centric lens to be able to answer the following questions: WHO is making changes and WHEN, WHAT are they changing and the relationships between those changes, WHERE is this impacting network traffic and latency and HOW is this affecting my compliance & security posture.
- Global Threat Intelligence: Increase velocity and accuracy of threat detection by correlating Sumo Logic log data, such as IP addresses, ports, URLs, email addresses and more, through partnerships with threat intelligence vendors, such as CrowdStrike.
“While it seems like ‘machine learning’ is the technology term du jour, there’s no question about the value it provides in helping to filter out the noise, recognizing patterns of behavior and predicting future behavior. Combined with data analytics, machine learning provides IT teams with the elasticity and scalability needed to surface insights in an ocean of machine data,” said Kalyan Ramanathan, vice president of product marketing for Sumo Logic. “The solutions we are showcasing at AWS re:Invent this week will help organizations understand how cloud native, machine data analytics provides the deep insights needed to help them connect the dots between the AWS services they use, what users are doing, and how this impacts application operations and security risks.”
Sumo Logic, a recognized expert in building and operating massive multi-tenant, highly distributed cloud systems, is the industry’s first machine data analytics platform to natively ingest, index and analyze structured and unstructured data together in real-time. As one of the most powerful cloud services in the world, Sumo Logic analyzes over 100 petabytes of data daily, delivering tens of millions of insights to customers who rely on continuous intelligence across the entire application lifecycle to more effectively build, run and secure their modern applications.
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 1,000 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, CA and is backed by Accel Partners, DFJ, Greylock Partners, IVP, Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.