With the Sumo Logic App for Apache, it’s never been as easy to monitor your apache configuration and provide deep insights into your customers accessing your external presence thru Apache HTTPD Web Server.
Why the Sumo Logic App for Apache?
Quality Log Analytics.
Don’t just read your logs, deeply understand and interact with them. Easily sift thru your Apache Access and Error logs into easy understandable visuals with deep detailed analysis.
Maximize your Apache HTTPD web server performance with real time analytics and troubleshooting. Quickly discover all different types of visitors and any problematic requests from them.
Improve user experience. Monitor all servers without having to log in to separate instances & see which assets your visitors are using in order to make informed decisions about your network.
Collect Apache Access Logs and Error Logs
Collect, Centralize and transform your Apache Access Logs and Error Logs into Visualizations that would transform your data into insightful information. Apache app is not just a aggregation of your Access Logs or Error Logs, the App lets you:
- Monitor across disparate sets of Apache data and uncover hidden business opportunities and issues.
- Trace customer sessions and behavior, correlate and find issues that span across your web servers and other parts of the application tier (e.g. databases, SANs).
- Investigate any visitor activity, drill down to the smallest activities in any time frame.
- Discover and resolve bottlenecks in your Apache HTTPD configuration.
- Investigate top geo Locations of your visitors.
- Get insights to overall traffic patterns and distribution.
- Understand the volume of traffic being served, including the bytes that were served out.
- Set alerts for any specific IP or error requests, so you can take proactive action.
Improving your Security with Apache Log Analysis
How can Apache logs help you improve your security posture?
Apache logs contain critical data on your users. The right analysis of your Apache logs can help you move from reactive to proactive. A new approach takes the power of big data and advanced analytics and applies them to end-user behavior. It detects anomalies (deviations from the established baseline) and flags exceptions in real-time to help you identify real and potential threats.
Sumo Logic can help you get there. When you use Sumo Logic as an Apache security log analyzer, you can:
- Get visibility into which assets users are logging in to.
- Identify the ports and protocols typically used.
- Receive alerts based on behavioral changes.
The Sumo Logic App for Apache uses the default error log file format.
Visitor Breakdown Visualization
Sumo Logic Apache App provides visualizations for visitor breakdown, by device, geography, operating systems and versions
- Leverage Transaction Analytics to easily detect events in complex transactions.
- Visualize access log data to drill down into visitors demographics.
- Understand all the devices being used by your customers.
- Drill down on browsers and operating systems used by visitors to prioritize value-added features into your application for customers.
- Define future requirements and optimize experiences based on usage and geo location trends.
Learn more about installation, collecting logs, and setting up dashboards by visiting the Sumo Logic App for Apache documentation.
Sumo Logic offers the Apache Log Analyzer Online as part of our service. The full app includes:
- Predefined parsers
- Prebuilt dashboards
- Prebuilt searches
- Ability to create custom dashboards and searches
Log Analysis Customized for Your Apache Access
When you start realizing the value Apache logs can provide to you and your operations team, there are three steps you can take to get the most value from your Apache Access Logs:
Get your logs into one place: Sumo Logic provides lots of different ways to do this. The easiest is to use our setup wizard and follow the instructions to set up a collector and point it your logs.
Jump-start your implementation: Getting started with log analysis can be difficult to do if you haven’t done it before. Sumo Logic provides an Apache application with built-in best practices that provides easy-to-use dashboards and sample searches to get you started quickly.
Decide what is most important to you: You can’t improve what you can’t measure. And you can’t measure it if you don’t know what “it” is. Now that you have the data and you know how to extract value, look at the most important metrics for your business.
Learn how to customize Sumo Logic for your Apache server environment in our documentation.
Free Apache Log Analysis App and Trial Access
Apache Log Analyzer: Free Edition
Sumo Logic offers a free service that allows you to analyze traffic by total volume and hits, total traffic by each server, and hits and volume by URL.
The free edition includes access for one to three users and the following features:
- LogReduce Analytics
- Data Collection (any source)
- Outlier Detection
- Predictive Analytics
- Live Streaming Dashboards
- Powerful Search
- PCI, SOC 2 Type 2, HIPAA Certifications
- 7 Days Data Retention
Enterprise Edition Free Trial
Get a free 30-day trial of Sumo Logic Enterprise edition, customized to your team’s needs.
Other Sumo Apps
Sumo Logic Apps help you quickly gain visibility into your applications and infrastructure by providing preconfigured searches and dashboards for your most popular data sources.See the full list