The Apache Log Data ChallengeApache logs contain valuable information about your customer interaction with your websites and web applications, including visitor behavior, frequent referrers, popular content, and others. Additionally, Apache logs contain critical information required to troubleshoot and optimize your Apache based websites and web applications, including finding root cause of failures, tracing customer sessions, and identifying performance bottlenecks. Given the value of the information stored in Apache logs, both IT and business professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of extracting the right insight from their Apache log data. However, while extracting insight from Apache log data has never been more crucial, it has also never been more difficult. Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, Apache log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, Apache log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with Apache logs:
- Collect and Centralize Your Apache Logs: Effortlessly collect and centralize your Apache web server logs. Collect logs from all your Apache servers, custom applications, web application infrastructure, middleware, and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot Your Apache Farm: Find root causes of web application failures, http error codes, missing content, etc. Trace customer sessions and find issues that span across Apache and other parts of your app (e.g. database)
- Better Understand Your Customer: Gain a deeper understanding of how your customers interact with your Apache-based web applications and websites. Monitor up-to-the-minute business metrics such as web traffic, popular URLs, top referrers, IP addresses and other user information. Improve application and website workflows to optimize your customer’s paths and interactions.
Sumo Logic for ApacheSumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages Apache log data with near-zero latency. By using Sumo Logic to analyze Apache logs, enterprises can improve their customer focus by tailoring their websites and web applications to better engage their customers. Additionally, enterprises can improve their operational posture by quickly diagnosing and resolving web application and web infrastructure issues before they impact their customers.
The Sumo Logic AdvantageTo solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data. Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Operational Ease:Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is a petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Advanced Analytics:Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.