Sumo Logic ahead of the packRead article
The Application Log Data ChallengeApplication logs contain valuable information about your customers’ interaction with your applications, including user behavior, user experience, successful features, and more. Additionally, application logs contain critical information required to troubleshoot and optimize your applications, including finding root cause of failures, tracing customer sessions, and identifying performance bottlenecks. Given the value of the information stored in application logs, both IT and business professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of extracting the right insight from their application log data. However, while extracting insight from application log data has never been more crucial, it has also never been more difficult. Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, application log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, application log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with application logs:
- Collect and Centralize Your Application Logs: Effortlessly collect and centralize all your application logs. Process and manage logs regardless of which application infrastructure you use, including Java, Log4J, Apache, Hadoop, Rails, PHP, and more.
- Troubleshoot Your Applications: Resolve issues faster by finding root causes of application failures in real time. Search your logs in real-time to quickly and easily find new errors, exceptions, and other failures causing application downtime and customer issues. Furthermore, go beyond searching and find unexpected behaviors using Sumo Logic’s LogReduce™ technology.
- Better Understand Your Customer: Gain a deeper understanding of how your customers interact with your critical applications. Leverage application analytics to reveal how users respond to new application features and capabilities, and extract insights needed to improve production applications and business results.
Sumo Logic for Application LogsSumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages application log data with near-zero latency. By using Sumo Logic to analyze application logs, enterprises can improve their customer focus by tailoring their applications to better engage their customers and improve their user experience. Additionally, enterprises can improve their operational posture by quickly diagnosing and resolving application issues before they impact their customers.
The Sumo Logic AdvantageTo solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data. Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Operational Ease:Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is a petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Advanced Analytics:Through patent-pending LogReduce and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.
Sumo Logic cloud-native SaaS analytics
Build, run, and secure modern applications and cloud infrastructures.Start free trial
With containers and Kubernetes now commanding a greater footprint, companies need new tools to manage and operate these dynamic workloads. Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and Platform Engineers need to be able to successfully operate the Kubernetes orchestration layer. Developers must understand the impact of that layer on their microservices, and their Security Analysts need to have the visibility to secure the Kubernetes environment from external hackers. All parties need a way to ingest, observe, alert on, and understand the data streams exposed through Kubernetes.