Sumo Logic and Amazon Web Services – A Natural FitAWS presents an enormous opportunity for organizations looking for a more nimble, efficient, scalable, and cost-effective IT infrastructure. Every day more enterprises realize the economics and business flexibility offered by cloud computing. However, when moving to a cloud-based infrastructure, deploying applications and systems in AWS is not enough. Modern enterprises also need to be able to monitor and troubleshoot these AWS-based applications and systems in real-time. In order to do that, organizations need to quickly derive insight from the log and other machine data their applications, systems, and infrastructure generate in AWS. As the only petabyte-scale log management and analysis service based 100% in AWS, Sumo Logic is the natural fit for enterprises deploying applications and infrastructure in AWS. Through deploying Sumo Logic in their AWS infrastructure, customers are able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues in customer facing applications, and continuously monitor critical infrastructure in real-time.
As the only petabyte-scale log management and analysis service based 100% in AWS, Sumo Logic is the natural fit for enterprises deploying applications and infrastructure in AWS.Below is a quick snapshot of how customers can easily deploy Sumo Logic in AWS:
- Deploy Sumo Logic Collectors as part of an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). By baking the Collector as part of an AMI, organizations can easily monitor systems as servers are provisioned and de-provisioned.
- Collect directly from Amazon S3. As customers increasingly store their logs in an Amazon S3 bucket, Sumo Logic enables easy collection of these logs without any local footprint. Customers can also monitor the health of their S3 infrastructure itself.
- Collect via https through Sumo Logic Hosted Collectors. Through Hosted Collectors, customers can easily collect logs from “as-a-service” environments, including PaaS environments based in AWS.
Sumo Logic for AWSWith Sumo Logic, AWS customers rapidly gain insight into the uptime, performance, and availability of their applications and systems without ever leaving the AWS environment. Sumo Logic makes it easy for organizations to transition to AWS or grow their AWS deployment by enabling enterprises to improve their operational posture by quickly diagnosing and resolving applications and infrastructure issues before they impact their customers.
The Sumo Logic AdvantageToo often, an on-premise deployment contributes to the problem it was meant to solve. A shift to the cloud enables the modern enterprise to increase focus on product differentiation and outpace competitors in delivering innovation to market. To meet this need, Sumo Logic has developed the next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Operational Ease:Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is the first and only petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Advanced Analytics:Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.