The Security and Compliance Challenge
Machine data contains a comprehensive record of all events related to an organization’s security posture and therefore is key to enforcing security, operational, and regulatory compliance. However, with the explosive growth in the volume, variety, and velocity of machine data, organizations today cannot keep up with the data deluge and are therefore unable to transform their data into insights.
To effectively enforce security, operational, and regulatory compliance, enterprises must be able to easily audit and investigate incidents and rapidly remediate both security and compliance-related issues. Alerts must be triggered in real-time, compliance reporting must be timely, and data must be retained over the long term.
Furthermore, in order to effectively enforce security, operational, and regulatory compliance by leveraging machine data, organizations need a platform that is capable of scaling to handle the volume of data generated and robust enough to transform that data into insights.
To effectively enforce security, operational, and regulatory compliance, enterprises must be able to easily audit and investigate incidents and rapidly remediate both security and compliance-related issues.
Sumo Logic enables enterprises to enforce security, operational, and regulatory compliance through the following features:
- Secure, scalable collection of any unstructured data (logs, APIs, apps, etc.)
- Flexible retention policies for real-time analytics and long term archiving
- Anomaly Detection and LogReduce machine learning analytics for proactive, real-time detection of events
Examples of customer success using Sumo Logic to enforce compliance include:
- Apigee: Achieved PCI Compliance using Sumo Logic
- Intermedia: Centralized all logs and enabled security investigation without relying on pre-defined rules and reports
- Gazelle: Prevented “price-scraping” from their website saving millions of dollars per year
Enforce Security and Compliance with Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic helps enterprises maintain continuous compliance by transforming separate, reactive, and manual processes to integrated, proactive and automated ones. Organizations using Sumo Logic easily meet compliance deadlines, resulting in reduced security risk and improved brand protection. In addition, potential security breaches and new threat patterns are quickly identified, enabling security teams to focus on strategic initiatives and innovation.
The Sumo Logic Advantage
To solve the real-time customer insights challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation machine data analytics platform, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data.
Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:
Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is the first and only petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premises solutions fail.
Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and Anomaly Detection technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors, patterns and events hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.