Get the reportMore
The VMware Log Data ChallengeVMware logs contain valuable information about your VMware infrastructure, including performance, utilization, capacity, provisioning, and more. Additionally, VMware logs contain critical information required to troubleshoot and optimize your VMware infrastructure, including finding root cause of failures, diagnosing operational issues, and identifying performance bottlenecks. Given the value of the information stored in VMware logs, both IT and business professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of extracting the right insight from their VMware log data. However, while extracting insight from VMware log data has never been more crucial, it has also never been more difficult. Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, VMware log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, VMware log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with VMware logs:
- Collect and Centralize Your VMware Logs: Effortlessly collect and centralize logs and metrics from your ESX/ESXi, vCenter Server, and individual virtual machines as well as operating system and applications running within the virtual machine.
- Troubleshoot Your VMware Farms: Find issues related to over-provisioning VMs, “noisy neighbors”, changes to configuration, and VM movement. Correlate VMware events with events from other tiers such as applications, operating systems, and networks.
- Monitor Your VMware Infrastructure: Gain an in-depth view of important performance metrics such as VM CPU, memory and disk utilization. Determine capacity constrained and under-provisioned physical hosts and idle VMs to improve deployment strategy and optimize cost.
Sumo Logic for VMwareSumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages VMware log data with near-zero latency. By using Sumo Logic to analyze VMware logs, enterprises can improve their customer focus by optimizing system performance and utilization. Additionally, enterprises can improve their operational posture by quickly diagnosing and resolving VMware issues before they impact their customers. Transform VMware Logs into IT and Business Insights
The Sumo Logic AdvantageTo solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data. Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Operational Ease:Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is a petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Advanced Analytics:Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.
Sumo Logic cloud-native SaaS analytics
Build, run, and secure modern applications and cloud infrastructures.Start free trial