The Network Infrastructure Log Data Challenge
Network infrastructure logs contain valuable information about your network, including usage, performance, utilization, and more. Additionally, network infrastructure logs contain critical information required to troubleshoot and optimize your network, including finding root cause of failures, diagnosing operational issues, and identifying performance bottlenecks.
Given the value of the information stored in network infrastructure logs, both IT and business professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of extracting the right insight from their network infrastructure log data. However, while extracting insight from network infrastructure log data has never been more crucial, it has also never been more difficult. Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, network infrastructure log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, network infrastructure log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with network infrastructure logs:
- Collect and Centralize Your Network Infrastructure Logs: Effortlessly collect and centralize network infrastructure logs. Collect logs from your entire network infrastructure, including logs from routers, switches, proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPNs, and any other network devices.
- Troubleshoot Your Network Infrastructure: Find root causes of network failures, performance degradations, and increases in latency. Correlate network information with other tiers such as application, operating system, and virtualization events as well as analyze all security-relevant data in real time to respond to incidents faster.
- Monitor Your Network Infrastructure: Proactively measure and monitor important network infrastructure statistics. Trigger alerts based on logs, flows, configurations, traps, and other metrics. Report on network usage and bottlenecks.
Sumo Logic for Network Infrastructure
Sumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages network infrastructure log data with near-zero latency.
By using Sumo Logic to analyze network infrastructure logs, enterprises can improve critical business infrastructure operations by optimizing network performance and uptime. Additionally, enterprises can improve their network operations by quickly diagnosing and resolving network issues before they impact their critical business processes.
The Sumo Logic Advantage
To solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data.
Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:
Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is a petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.