Former Chairman of McAfee and Veteran Board Member at AppDynamics, Informatica, Palo Alto Networks and Autodesk to Provide Leadership, Audit and Governance Expertise for Sustained Growth and Operational Rigor
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- April 24, 2018 -- Sumo Logic, the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics platform that delivers continuous intelligence, today announced the appointment of Chuck Robel to its board of directors as an independent board member and audit committee lead.
“Sumo Logic continues to benefit from the generational shift toward digital business and cloud adoption across all industries and companies of all sizes. Machine data analytics, delivered and consumed as a service, is quickly becoming a core requirement to help organizations build, run and secure their modern applications for the analytics economy,” said Ramin Sayar, president and CEO of Sumo Logic. “I am thrilled that Chuck has joined our team, as his expertise will help further propel our category leadership position and growth as we continue to scale our operational and governance processes required to capture the enormous opportunity in front of us.”
Robel brings a wide range of experience helping high-growth companies build the capability to scale and grow their people, process and systems. Over the past 18 years, he has served as a board member and/or audit chair at various enterprise software companies including Palo Alto Networks, Borland, Adaptec, Blue Coat, Jive Software and DemandTec. Robel is currently the chairman of the board of GoDaddy, and most recently he was the lead director for AppDynamics during both its IPO listing process and subsequent $3.7 billion sale to Cisco. Robel started his career with 26 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers running the software industry practice and M&A technology group.
“In a relatively short period of time, Sumo Logic has staked out a powerful position as SaaS machine data analytics vendor of choice to the modern, digital business,” said Chuck Robel. “With growth in machine data exploding, and the company scaling with a very strong culture and a platform that addresses a broad set of use cases, it is on the path to becoming one of the truly great next generation software companies, and I’m very excited to join the team.
Sumo Logic, a recognized expert in building and operating massive multi-tenant, highly distributed cloud systems, is the industry’s first machine data analytics platform to natively ingest, index, and analyze structured and unstructured data together in real-time. As one of the most powerful cloud-native services in the world, the Sumo Logic platform ingests and analyzes vast amounts of data and enables more 30 million searches and queries, which powers tens of millions of insights to customers who rely on this type of continuous intelligence to more effectively build, run and secure their modern applications.
Recently Announced, Key Corporate Milestones for Sumo Logic in FY2018
- Achieved record revenue for fiscal year 2018 - driven by continued rapid acceleration of its recurring revenue base, proving out its land and expand business model as customers continue to derive increasing value from the Sumo Logic service.
- Grew customer base to more than 1,600 businesses globally and over 50,000 users.
- Expanded global footprint that resulted in record growth in customers and partners in EMEA and APAC.
- Increased employee headcount to more than 400 globally with significant investments in engineering and go-to-market headcount.
- Enhanced its leading security analytics capabilities with the acquisition of FactorChain to further pioneer the new operating model for modernizing cybersecurity, threat and compliance requirements.
- Closed $75 million round of funding, led by Sapphire Ventures, bringing total capital raised to $235 million, cementing position as the SaaS machine data analytics solution of choice.
- Hosted Illuminate, the first Sumo Logic user conference, with more than 400 attendees, sponsored by Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, New Relic, Cloud Passage, MongoDB, Okta, CrowdStrike, JFrog, Fastly, Pivotal and Relus.
- Continued industry recognition including Forbes’ Cloud 100 recipient and IDC’s ITOA Innovator.
In addition, Sumo Logic recently announced the appointment of BJ Jenkins, CEO of Barracuda Networks, to its board of directors.
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 1,600 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, Calif. and is backed by Accel Partners, DFJ, Greylock Partners, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Offleash for Sumo Logic