New Feature Provides Developers with Ability to Use tail-f to Centralize and Analyze Logs in Real-time REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Jan. 21, 2016 – Sumo Logic, a leading cloud-native data analytics service, today announced the availability of Sumo Logic Live Tail, a new feature that allows developers and IT ops teams to leverage tail -f, to tail logs in real-time to quickly and efficiently monitor and troubleshoot new code as it's rolled out to production. In the past developers who were tasked to write and test code, tail logs and troubleshoot, have often toggled between two tools. One for tailing your logs and another for advanced analytics for pattern recognition to help with troubleshooting, proactive problem identification and user analysis, making it inefficient to use different interfaces to manage log files. Sumo Logic Live Tail enables developers to remove the hassle from switching between the terminal for live tailing logs and another system to centralize and analyze logs. “Live tail is our team’s number one tool for monitoring server, cluster and environment performance in real-time in one place,” said Wissam Jarjoui, software engineer for Shippo. “We are so excited to see this new feature as part of the Sumo Logic platform as it’s a great compliment and a must-have tool for any developer looking to simplify tailing logs.” With Sumo Logic Live Tail, users can now troubleshoot from the Sumo Logic browser interface or from a Sumo Logic Command Line Interface without having to log into business critical applications. In addition Sumo Logic Live Tail eliminates the need to invest in a separate solution for live tail, reducing the cost of licensing for multiple tools. Key capabilities include:
- Multi-tailing – Provides the ability to start tailing multiple logs simultaneously enabling users the ability to create two tail sessions and view them in split-screen mode, or breaking multiple sessions out into new windows.
- Filtering Logs and Highlight Keywords – Simplifies tailing logs by enabling users to quickly filter logs based on keywords, which can then be color highlighted in the window for quick identification.
- View Logs in Context – Gives users the ability to launch searches in context, so they can seamlessly alternate between Sumo Logic Search and Sumo Live Tail in browser mode.
- Learn more about Sumo Logic Live Tail
- Sign up for a free trial of Sumo Logic
- Read the latest on the Sumo Logic blog
- Read the Blog: http://www.sumologic.com/blog/
- Follow Sumo Logic on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sumologic
- Check us out on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumo-logic