Integrates Machine Learning With Rapid Time-to-Value For Proactive InsightsREDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Feb. 20, 2014– Sumo Logic, the next generation machine data intelligence company, today announced Sumo Logic Enterprise Security Analytics to rapidly uncover cyber-attacks, detect and prevent breaches and reduce the costs of maintaining compliance. Today’s increasingly frequent cyber-attacks originate from both outside and inside the firewall, exacerbated by the fire hose of machine data generated by new applications and infrastructure. Old-school SIEM and log management products rely on heavyweight and reactive mechanisms to identify these security threats and lack the predictive and scalable analytics that the modern enterprise requires. "The speed of attacks has changed how security and risk teams analyze machine data patterns across dozens of sources," said Robert Herjavec, CEO of The Herjavec Group. "Once we understood how easily Sumo Logic could generate proactive insights at scale, it was clear that our customers and prospects could use it immediately to strengthen their security posture. We’ve now made Sumo Logic an integral part of our managed security services offering." Sumo Logic Enterprise Security Analytics is built on top of the following architectural, analytics and content capabilities:
- Elastic Scale: Sumo Logic provides patent-pending Elastic Log Processing™ to handle daily bursting of multiple terabytes of data per customer for search, correlation and visualization.
- SaaS: Delivered as a service, Sumo Logic provides rapid time-to-value with minimal overhead.
- Hybrid-cloud data collection: Collect from physical, virtual, cloud and SaaS data sources in minutes.
- LogReduce™ for Security Forensics: This patent-pending capability allows companies to quickly uncover the root cause of a threat incident via unique pattern recognition, reducing the mean time to resolution by 50 percent or more.
- Anomaly Detection: Sumo Logic Anomaly Detection incorporates machine learning to automatically uncover security events in real-time, helping enterprises to ward off threats before they fully impact the organization without relying on rules or predefined schemas.
Security Content Capabilities
- Sumo Logic Applications: Sumo Logic Enterprise Security Analytics includes specific security applications for both cloud-based and on-premise data sources to generate security and compliance insights:
- Cloud-based data sources include: Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudTrail, Akamai Cloud Monitor
- On-premise data sources include: Palo Alto Networks, Sourcefire, Snort, Cisco ASA, OSSEC, Hyperguard
- Identifying data exfiltration by uncovering and correlating security events across multiple data sources
- Reducing compliance costs by accelerating and simplifying compliance reporting and auditing as well as providing continuous compliance management
- Auditing access to sensitive and mission-critical applications that are both on-premise and in the cloud
- Enabling high-speed forensic investigations into security incidents spanning terabytes of security and operational machine data
About Sumo LogicSumo Logic is the next-generation machine data intelligence company that leverages Big Data for real-time IT insights. The company's cloud-based service provides customers like Netflix, McGraw-Hill, GoGo Inflight and Medallia with real-time interactive analytics at unprecedented petabyte scale. The Sumo Logic service is powered by patent-pending Elastic Log Processing™ and LogReduce™ technologies, and transforms machine data into actionable insights for IT operations, application management, and security and compliance teams. Unlike expensive and complex premise-based solutions, the Sumo Logic service has a low TCO, can be deployed instantly, scales elastically and requires zero maintenance. The company is based in Silicon Valley and is backed by Accel Partners, Greylock Partners and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Connect with Sumo LogicRead the Blog: http://www.sumologic.com/blog/ Follow Sumo Logic Twitter: https://twitter.com/sumologic Follow Vance Loiselle on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vanceloiselle Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Sumo.Logic