Sumo Logic ahead of the packRead article
The IIS Log Data Challenge
Internet Information Service (IIS) logs contain valuable information about your customer interaction with your websites and web applications, including visitor behavior, frequent referrers, popular content, and others. Additionally, logs contain critical information required to troubleshoot and optimize your IIS based websites and web applications, including finding root cause of failures, tracing customer sessions, and identifying performance bottlenecks.
Given the value of the information stored in IIS logs, both IT and business professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of extracting the right insight from their IIS log data. However, while extracting insight from IIS log data has never been more crucial, it has also never been more difficult. Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, IIS log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, IIS log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with IIS logs:
- Collect and Centralize Your IIS Logs: Effortlessly collect and centralize your IIS logs. Collect logs from all your IIS servers, custom applications, web application infrastructure, middleware, and operating systems.
- Troubleshoot Your IIS Farm: Find root causes of web application failures, http error codes, missing content, etc. Trace customer sessions and find issues that span across IIS and other parts of your app (e.g. database). Dramatically reduce mean time to identification (MTTI) and mean time to resolution (MTTR). Identify performance bottlenecks and quickly address issues.
- Better Understand Your Customer: Gain a deeper understanding of how your customers interact with your IIS-based web applications and websites. Monitor up-to-the-minute business metrics such as web traffic, popular URLs, top referrers, IP addresses and other user information. Improve application and website workflows to and optimize your customer’s paths and interactions.
Sumo Logic for IIS
Sumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages IIS log data with near-zero latency.
By using Sumo Logic to analyze IIS logs, enterprises can improve their customer focus by tailoring their websites and web applications to better engage their customers. Additionally, enterprises can improve their operational posture by quickly diagnosing and resolving web application and website and infrastructure issues before they impact their customers.
The Sumo Logic Advantage
To solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data.
Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:
Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is a petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Through patent-pending LogReduce® and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.
Sumo Logic cloud-native SaaS analytics
Build, run, and secure modern applications and cloud infrastructures.Start free trial
With containers and Kubernetes now commanding a greater footprint, companies need new tools to manage and operate these dynamic workloads. Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) and Platform Engineers need to be able to successfully operate the Kubernetes orchestration layer. Developers must understand the impact of that layer on their microservices, and their Security Analysts need to have the visibility to secure the Kubernetes environment from external hackers. All parties need a way to ingest, observe, alert on, and understand the data streams exposed through Kubernetes.