The Server Log Data ChallengeServer logs contain valuable information about your server infrastructure, including performance, uptime, access, security, processes, and more. Additionally, server logs contain critical information required to troubleshoot and optimize your servers, including finding root cause of failures, diagnosing system issues, uncovering security incidents, and identifying performance bottlenecks. Given the value of the information stored in server logs, both IT and business professionals are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of extracting the right insight from their server log data. However, while extracting insight from server log data has never been more crucial, it has also never been more difficult. Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, server log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.
Today’s current on-premise solutions come with enormous operational cost, complexity, and scalability problems. Consequently, server log data is often never collected, or collected but never analyzed.Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with server logs:
- Collect and Centralize Your Server Logs: Effortlessly collect and centralize logs and metrics from your servers, kernel, applications, security, processes, and more.
- Troubleshoot Your Server Farms: Find issues related to server failures and issues and correlate server events with events generated by applications, security devices, networks and other IT infrastructure. Reduce time to resolution and improve uptime and reliability.
- Monitor Your Servers: Proactively measure and monitor important server statistics such as disk, memory, and CPU utilization, error counts, running processes, access, and other metrics to keep your servers effectively utilized but not overtasked.
Sumo Logic for Server LogsSumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages server log data with near-zero latency. By using Sumo Logic to analyze server logs, enterprises can improve their business infrastructure operations by optimizing system performance and uptime. Additionally, enterprises can reduce critical application and infrastructure downtime by quickly diagnosing and resolving server issues before they impact their customers.
The Sumo Logic AdvantageTo solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation log management and analytics solution — an enterprise-class, real-time, petabyte-scale solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data. Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Operational Ease:Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is a petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Advanced Analytics:Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and PushAnalytics™ technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.