Pioneer in Cloud-Native Machine Data Analytics Honored Among Best Privately-Held Software Companies
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Aug. 30, 2018 – Sumo Logic, the leading cloud-native, machine data analytics platform that delivers continuous intelligence, today announced it has been named to JMP Securities’ ninth annual Hot 100 report of The Best Privately-Held Software Companies in 2018.
JMP Securities is a premier investment bank that publishes the annual Hot 100 list to recognize outstanding privately-held software companies. The companies selected for the list are evaluated on a range of criteria, including financial growth, products and services, quality of leadership, customer traction and market potential.
“We are thrilled JMP Securities included Sumo Logic among the ranks of some of the leading pioneering software companies today,” said Ramin Sayar, president and CEO, Sumo Logic. “Our platform is built for today’s modern cloud models, ranging from support of multi-cloud capabilities to DevSecOps. Our team is pushing the boundaries on technological innovation so our customers can leverage the power of machine data analytics to provide real-time visibility and insights that drive a seamless experience for their end users and help them gain a competitive edge in the analytics economy. To receive acknowledgement of our efforts from such a reputable and esteemed firm only further validates our momentum and commitment to democratizing machine data for our customers.”
More than 1,600 companies and 50,000 users count on Sumo Logic to deliver the continuous intelligence needed to empower the people who power modern business and accelerate digital business transformation. The Hot 100 report is another addition to Sumo Logic’s corporate milestones over the past year, which include:
- Achieved record revenue for fiscal year 2018 – driven by continued rapid acceleration of its recurring revenue base, proving out its land and expand business model as customers continue to derive increasing value from the Sumo Logic service.
- Enhanced its leading security analytics capabilities with the acquisition of FactorChain to further pioneer the new operating model for modernizing cybersecurity, threat and compliance requirements.
- Expanded global footprint that resulted in record growth in customers and partners in EMEA and APAC.
- Increased employee headcount to more than 400 globally with significant investments in engineering and go-to-market.
- Analyzed more than 100 petabytes of data, over 30 million searches and 500 trillion records daily.
- Hosted Illuminate, the first Sumo Logic user conference, with more than 400 attendees, sponsored by Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, New Relic, Cloud Passage, MongoDB, Okta, CrowdStrike, JFrog, Fastly, Pivotal and Relus.
Sumo Logic, a recognized expert in building and operating massive multi-tenant, highly distributed cloud systems, is the industry’s first machine data analytics platform to natively ingest, index and analyze structured and unstructured data together in real-time. As one of the most powerful cloud-native services in the world, the Sumo Logic platform ingests and analyzes vast amounts of data and runs millions of queries every day, which powers tens of millions of insights for customers who rely on this type of continuous intelligence to more effectively build, run and secure their modern applications.
The Hot 100 report is released ahead of Sumo Logic’s annual Illuminate user conference, where the company will unveil new innovations to its machine data analytics platform and unite its ecosystem of industry visionaries, including customers, partners and investors, for two days of hands-on learning, collaboration and certification trainings. Registration for Illuminate is now open, with the conference taking place Sept. 12-13, 2018, in Burlingame, Calif.
About Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. More than 1,600 customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a multi-tenant, service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Founded in 2010, Sumo Logic is a privately held company based in Redwood City, Calif. and is backed by Accel Partners, DFJ, Greylock Partners, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.
Offleash for Sumo Logic