The Akamai Content Delivery Network Log Data ChallengeThe Content Delivery Network (CDN) solution from Akamai enables customers to rapidly locate applications and websites near their end users. However, these customers do lose some control and visibility about end-user interaction with that content. To counter that trend, these customers are pushing their CDN service providers to provide them with richer analytics around the service they procure. These analytics are critical, as CDN service impacts the experience of end users viewing and using websites, web apps, streaming, and other types of products that are accelerated via CDN technology. CDN customers are interested in analytics around several key areas, including visitor information, quality of service, rates and statistics around content delivery, web application firewall (WAF), and other metrics around application and end-user experience.
CDN customers are interested in analytics around several key areas, including visitor information, quality of service, rates and statistics around content delivery, web application firewall (WAF), and other metrics around application and end-user experience.Below is a quick snapshot of what customers can do in Sumo Logic with Akamai CDN logs:
- Better Understand and Serve Customers: Deliver real-user insights, improve quality of service, and reduce errors and downtime
- Gain End-to-End Visibility: Correlate Akamai data sets with origin and other internal data sets to measure the business impact of CDN performance and quality of service
- Improve Security Posture: Monitor and alert on security threats at the WAF layer, correlate WAF events with internal security systems, and proactively defend applications and websites
Sumo Logic for Akamai CDNSumo Logic’s real-time indexing engine processes and manages Akamai CDN log data with near-zero latency. By using the Sumo Logic Application for Akamai CDN logs, customers can analyze and correlate Akamai data with their origin data in order to improve availability and performance of applications, improve end-user experience, gain deeper user insights, and enforce rigorous security controls.
The Sumo Logic AdvantageTo solve the log management challenge, Sumo Logic has developed the first true next-generation machine data analytics solution, delivered as a cloud-based service. With this approach, Sumo Logic is fundamentally redefining the process by which IT and business harness the value of machine data. Customers using the Sumo Logic service benefit from a number of unique capabilities:
Operational Ease:Sumo Logic can be deployed in as little as 15 minutes, with zero operational overhead. As a cloud-based service, Sumo Logic handles all operational burden, reducing Total Cost of Ownership as well as freeing up customers’ resources to focus on critical business and IT issues.
Big Data Scalability:Sumo Logic’s patented Elastic Log Processing™ is the first and only petabyte-scale indexing and analysis engine designed specifically for Big Data. Sumo Logic delivers superior scalability where on-premise solutions fail.
Advanced Analytics:Through patent-pending LogReduce™ and Anomaly Detection technologies, Sumo Logic proactively discovers behaviors and patterns hidden in massive amounts of machine data and alerts customers in real-time, delivering both IT value and business insight.
Use Sumo Logic for Free
- Easy to deploy: Sumo Free enables you to collect and analyze logs in minutes with no hardware or storage to manage
- Enterprise-level functionality: Sumo Free contains all the features of our enterprise-class solution
- Perpetual usage: Sumo Free is perpetually free for up to 3 users, and offers the ability to send 500MB of data per day and retain for 7 days (total 3.5GB of data). To send additional data, add more users, or retain data for a longer period of time, easily upgrade to our enterprise version.