Why Sumo Logic for Monitoring and Troubleshooting?
SEAMLESS INGESTION OF MACHINE DATA
Ingest petabytes of logs and millions of metrics from a variety of sources and convert your machine data into visualized, actionable intelligence.
Sumo Logic provides visibility across on-premise, cloud, multi-cloud, and hybrid platforms. Respond to issues quickly and keep your application running smoothly.
LOWER TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP
Troubleshoot application errors, data bottlenecks, user issues, and other infrastructure problems—all in a single service you don’t have to manage.
Move from Reactive to Proactive Monitoring
The emergence of the cloud has shattered old models for identifying and resolving issues in your applications. Cloud platforms, and particularly microservices running on those platforms, brings with it a great flood of data, and without the right tools your organization can get swamped.
Sumo Logic offers a complete suite of applications and integrations for not just responding to IT operation problems but conquering them. Tackle common cloud infrastructure challenges such as log management, real-time monitoring, resolving user experience issues, and performance issues for major cloud platforms like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Apache, and Google Cloud Platform—as well as for container platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
Sign up for a free 30-day trial today and see firsthand how Sumo Logic improves your monitoring and troubleshooting.
Modern Analytics for Modern Apps
The modern data ‘stack’ is complex web of cloud platform services like AWS and Azure, open-source platforms like Kafka and Cassandra, containerization management tools like Kubernetes and Docker, and many other technologies. Traditionally these have been monitored as separate focus areas, with teams operating independently and observing distinctions between roles.
But in today’s continuous delivery environment these distinctions, or silos, slow down delivery and can create bottlenecks when troubleshooting. Sumo Logic provides the tools and techniques you need to eliminate silo thinking and tune your applications and infrastructure to operate in seamless unison.
Download our eBook to learn more about effective application monitoring and troubleshooting.
Reduce Downtime and Increase Troubleshooting Effectiveness
Modern IT operations and DevOps teams measure their success at managing their application by looking at uptime, the Mean Time to Identify (MTTI) and Mean Time to Resolve (MTTR) issues. Sumo Logic provides powerful analytics tools for improving performance in both areas.
- A unified platform for logs, events, and performance metrics provides deep, full-stack visibility across the entire application.
- Powerful, real-time statistical analysis using tools like Outlier and Predict.
- LogReduce quickly collates data and uses algorithms to provide a snapshot of important network activity, allowing near real-time insights into critical events.
- LogCompare quickly analyzes event histories from your logs and creates a visual snapshot of activity patterns that allow you to spot spikes, interruptions, and other problems.
Harness the power of Sumo Logic to improve your MTTI and MTTR with a single click.
Check out our webinar for a deeper dive into MTTI and MTTR.
Faster Root Cause Analysis
Sumo Logic gives you the power to delve deeply into your application- and infrastructure-generated machine data so you can solve three common problem areas impacting performance.
Multiple sources of truth. Sumo Logic makes it simple to collect all your performance metrics and logs into a single, interactive version of platforms with tools like Live Tail, dashboards, and real-time alerting.
The silo effect. Break down barriers between teams and collaborate in real-time to increase uptime and improve the quality of your software.
Reaction instead of action. Sumo Logic DevOps tools empower you to preempt problems by monitoring all software interactions and tracking customer behavior to predict trends.
Real-Time Outlier and Anomaly Detection
Sumo Logic’s advanced machine learning powers unparalleled insights into network activity so you can detect and track outliers and spot other anomalies in real-time.
- Sort, filter, and analyze up to petabytes of log data and millions of time-series.
- Unify logging and metrics into interactive dashboards.
- Take advantage of predictive analytics to take advanced precautions against recurring events that impact your environment.
- Proactively monitor system performance and minimize or eliminate downtime.
It’s the invisible problems that bog down or break cloud environments, but with Sumo Logic insights there is nowhere for issues to hide.
Still unsure? Test our troubleshooting and diagnostic capabilities for up to 500MB of data per day with Sumo Logic Free.
Out of the Box Cloud Monitoring for IT Operations
Take complete command of cloud monitoring—no matter the platform—with these and other applications from Sumo Logic’s comprehensive solutions packages:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Sumo Logic offers an extensive range of apps to support AWS diagnostics such as ELB, Config, VPC Flow, and S3.
- Microsoft Azure: Sumo Logic integrates with essential Azure services such as Network Watcher, Web Apps, and Azure Audit to improve your Azure troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP): Sumo Logic integrates directly into your GCP environment and provides instant insights into potential security issues, user activity, and operational problems for Google VPC, IAM, and Cloud Audit, and Google App Engine.
- Docker: Sumo Logic provides continuous diagnostic data for all of your Docker container deployments to ensure apps run lightning-fast.
- Microsoft: Analyze your entire Windows environment with the Sumo Logic App for Windows, dig into SQL server performance with the Microsoft SQL Server app, or monitor your Active Directory environment.
- Apache: Gain essential insights into your Apache environment, or get more specialized with the Sumo Logic Apache Tomcat app.