New Integrations with AWS Lambda Offer Developers Improved Monitoring and Correlate Key Performance Indicators for Better Visibility into Building Serverless Applications REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 25, 2016 – Sumo Logic, a leading cloud-native, machine data analytics service, today announced the availability of its Sumo Logic App for Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda allowing DevOps and developers to monitor the health of all AWS Lambda functions and better manage the associated costs. In addition, the Sumo Logic Lambda blueprint is now available to route Amazon CloudWatch logs to Sumo Logic for advanced analysis and real-time visualization. The Sumo Logic App and integration enable deeper, real-time visibility into building serverless applications and optimizing AWS deployments. “At The Washington Post, it’s critical that we can get a real-time picture of our app performance and stability since the user experience is paramount," said Hardip Singh, mobile development manager for The Washington Post. “With the AWS Lambda function built from the blueprint for Sumo Logic, we were able to trigger and route our Amazon CloudWatch logs to Sumo Logic for analysis, accelerating our ability to connect with users to troubleshoot potential issues that arise.” AWS Lambda lets developers run code at scale with high availability, without provisioning or managing servers. Users pay only for the compute time they consume, while running code for virtually any type of application or backend service with zero administration. Integration with Sumo Logic’s cloud-native machine data analytics platform allows developers to:
- Analyze operational and performance trends across all the AWS Lambda functions in an account;
- Gain visibility into the costs of AWS Lambda functions and optimize resources where appropriate; and,
- Track the adoption and performance for different versions of a single AWS Lambda function such as resizing an application to fit a mobile device, tablet or laptop, which can help evaluate the impact of that particular function.
- Read the blog to get a deeper look at how the Sumo Logic App for AWS Lambda works
- Learn more about the Sumo Logic App for AWS Lambda
- Sign up for a free trial of Sumo Logic